Interview with Fairfax Area Agency on Aging (AAA) organizations highlighting the Older Americans Act (1965) and Older Americans Act Reauthorization Act (2016), and the Meals on Wheels, Medical Transportation, and GrandInvolve services provided to citizens in the Fairfax Area.
There are many ways to engage as an individual and/or as an organization with the Fairfax AAA.
One example that came to my attention the night before airing this show is that the restaurant I was having dinner in had a note on the dessert menu to let patrons know they donated $0.25 to the Meals on Wheels program for every dessert sold. Kudos!
You can contact the Fairfax AAA if you would like to volunteer and/or provide any type of support at: (703) 324-7948
- Sharon Lynn – Director, Fairfax Area Agency on Aging
- Carolyn Thomas – Regional Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Solutions
- Tracey Stephens – Transportation Manager, Shepard’s Center of Fairfax-Burke – South County Office
- Lisa Carroll – Program Director, Shepard’s Center of Fairfax-Burke
- Dorothy Keenan – Volunteer Coordinator, GrandInvolve
Originally aired February 27, 2017